We have state of the art infrastructure and highly qualified technical staff for designing and manufacturing Blow Moulds. Our Blow Moulds are all custom made and we start manufacturing of the moulds after the design approval from the customer’s end .
The 3D design will be created and a photo will be sent for approval for the manufacturing of Blow Mould. We manufacture Blow Moulds for various sizes of bottles and each Blow Mould is different so the cost may vary from one Blow Mould to another.
End Use Applications of PET Blow Moulded Products
- Cosmetic bottles
- Shampoo bottles
- Mineral water bottles
- Oil bottles
- Feeding bottles
- Containers for pain balms and linaments
- Pharmaceutical bottles
- Tablet containers
- Mouth wash bottles
Custom-design blow mould process at ExoPackaging
ExoPackaging fabricates custom moulds based requirement specifications or sample moulds provided by the client. We assist them in the entire process of manufacturing. Right from prototyping to mould development and providing samples to commercial production, we follow stringent quality norms and a zero-defect policy.
We offer a wide range of moulds for various industries. Due to high-standard manufacturing process and modern technology we are a preferred name for different shapes and dimensions of custom blow moulds. Fast results and superior products stand out us distinctly among competitors.
ExoPackaging offers paramount quality custom design moulds at reasonable price. Our quality conscious team looks at every aspect of manufacturing with utmost precision. Each order goes through a five-stage process to produce every single item as per requirement specification.
1. Requirement collection: Success of the final product largely depends on the accuracy of requirement collection. We ask for the sample product or detailed specifications from the client. If required, then we have multiple rounds of discussion to crystal down precise details.
2. First-cut design: Our engineers develop design based on the specs. It is sent to the client for approval. Minor changes are made based on corrections/alterations suggested.
3. Machining of moulds: We work on machining of moulds once the design is approved by client. Utmost care and precision are needed while doing the task because success of the final product completely depends on the correctness of it.
4. Sample production and quality check: In this step, we produce a few samples and send for quality testing. We use industry standard quality checks to ensure 100% error free production.
5. Commercial production and dispatch: After approval of sample products, commercial production starts. We store final products in specialized storage areas and dispatch after packaging. We also offer labels with mock images to give a fair idea about the product.
What is PET Blow Moulding?
Blow molding is essentially a process of manufacturing items of desired shapes by blowing preforms or thermoplastic material in a closed mold. It is one of the popular processing techniques after extrusion molding and injection molding. Bulk production is the biggest advantage of this process that makes it economically feasible. PVC, Polypropylene or polyethene can be used to produce high precision items with almost negligible need of finishing operations.
Blow molding introduced in 1930 when Cellulose Acetate was used for producing items using this innovative technique. Plastic Industry didn’t look back after 1940 when Low Density Polyethylene (LDPE) introduced. It was the most suitable item for blow molding causing a rapid increase in production. Later High Density Polyethylene (HDPE) and Polypropylene (PP) also added fuel to the fire. After 1942, industry saw a rapid increase in the production of polyethylene bottles using blow molding method.
Types of blow molding
1. Extrusion Blow Molding: This is the simplest form among three. Melted plastic material flows through a hot nozzle. The tip of the nozzle is captured in a cooled mold. Air is blown through the nozzle which blows the melted plastic like a balloon. As soon as the balloon touches the walls, it freezes in the shape of the mold. This method can produce bulk quantities in relatively low rates. However, limitations like high scrape percentage and limited control on the thickness of walls, and need of finishing make it less popular method.
2. Injection Blow Molding: It is a popular method for manufacturing a variety of wide opening containers or highly stylized shapes. Container quality is fairly good because of even material distribution and there is hardly any need of trimming or finishing. Screw extruders inject melted plastic material is in the cavity of the mold. It gets converted in the form of a test tube with screw threads on the top. It is called a preform which is again conveyed to injection blowing molds. Air is blown to make it in the form of desired shape.
3. Stretch Blow Molding: This method manufactures PET bottles for storing juices, oils, water, carbonated beverages, and many other products. This method stretches the preforms in the axial and hoop directions evenly. It brings incredible benefits like drop impact, barrier properties, and tensile strength. Single-stage or two-stage molding techniques are used in this method.
Understanding Blow molding machineries
Blow molding machines are quite versatile and multifunctional. They can produce bottles or preforms of various shapes and sizes. From a narrow neck container to wide neck container and from the capacity of 5 ml to 20000 ml can be produces using a single machine. Reliability and robustness make them popular across the globe.
Since PET bottles are widely used for storing liquids of a large variety, the machines have been designed to produce bulk quantities. These machines are known by various names like Blow molding machine, PET bottle blowers, stretch blowing machines, etc. A typical machine has preform feeding system and a unique bi-oriented technology for blowing air. It is important that blowing process applies uniform pressure to shape flawless bottles. Two types of machines predominantly available today:
1. Automatic: It is a high-speed, state-of-the-art machine suitable for bulk production of jars and bottles. Because of minimum manual intervention and high levels of precision, it is one of the most popular machines today. It is especially suitable where stringent quality requirements have to be met during production. Due to high efficiency and incredible spred it saves cost considerably. One-stage automatic and Two-stage automatic machines are available for industries. Steady operations, stable performance, and easy operations are paramount qualities that standout these machines distinctively.
2. Semi-automatic: It is a simple and easy to maintain the machine with low capacity and manual intervention. However, it does not require high technical skills for operations. People with moderate technical knowhow can handle it easily. It is power efficient, but low productivity machine suitable for small scale industries.
ExoPackaging uses stringent quality standard and precision for producing custom blow molds for a wide variety of products. With minimum rejections and keen perfection our products get worldwide acclaim.